1. My journey began when I committed my life to Jesus Christ at 10 years old. God called me, I answered and my life has never been the same.
2. My early mornings are spent meeting with God. I need this time to guide the rest of my day.
3. Reading and studying the Bible are the fuel for my life and non-negotiables in my day.
4. My husband and I met in college at the absolute busiest time of my life. We fell in love and figured out creative ways to be together even though we had no time or money. He is the most selfless man I know and my biggest encourager for what God has called me to.
5. We are blessed with two sons that we love dearly and now that they are both young adults. I miss them not needing me like they used to.
6. Running is one of my greatest joys. It is also my free therapy to cope with and process my life.
7. If I have less than 3 jars of peanut butter in the house, I consider this an emergency. And I have said many times that I would do a commercial for Pop Tarts. I love them!
8. I have more running clothes than regular clothes.
9. Books are in abundance at my house and I find it’s easier to get rid of books belonging to the rest of my family so I can make more room for mine.
10. I don’t enjoy cleaning my home, even when I have plenty of time to do it.
11. I prefer to be wearing a t-shirt and jeans every day. My sister says “Kim always dresses like she’s ready to go for a run.”
12. I was shy and very quiet growing up but changing high schools three times forced me into talking if I was going to make any friends.
13. I love to get up early but also stay up late. I don’t need much sleep and I consider this a gift from God.
14. I have a tendency to want to do it all and frequently feel overwhelmed with my busy schedule.
15. Every birthday I look forward to eating as many donuts as I want.
16. I think deeply and cry easily even during commercials and movies.
17. My energy level, passion and enthusiasm are through the roof but I have a tendency to talk too fast and find it hard to focus.
18. Being out in nature and singing/listening to music are some of the times I feel closest to God.
19. I prayed earnestly for godly friends as this was something I felt lacking for most of my life and now God has blessed me with an outpouring of close and loving friendships to live life with.
20. God has helped me for every stage of my life. His love has spurred me on day-by-day no matter the hard times or difficulties I have faced, I know that God loves me and will never leave me. This spurs me on to persevere for each new day. And this is the message I feel compelled to teach.